Couples tend to come to counseling when they are in serious trouble. Often a significant amount of pain and suffering has been endured for some time. Sometimes the couple has grown apart and the partners have lost feelings for each other. My task is to work to heal these wounds, explore how the couple got off track and teach new strategies for a more satisfying relationship.
Couples will develop the skills to:
- Communicate more effectively,
- Manage conflict inherent in all relationships between two different people,
- Balance being true to your self with helping your mate be all that they can be,
- Learn how to “have each other’s back” during times of stress or crisis,
- Give each other the benefit of the doubt,
- Provide protection and understanding of each other’s wounds/baggage.